What is explosion suppression?
Explosion safety includes explosion suppression as well as explosion venting and isolation. This method extinguishes the explosion just as it is beginning – and well before the pressure rises to a critical level. Explosion suppression systems use sensors to detect sparks or flames as they are created and trigger the instant opening of extinguishing agent containers. In the blink of an eye, these containers discharge a highly effective extinguishing powder that essentially smothers the explosion.
Explosion suppression system and integrated isolation
Q-Bic is an ideal explosion suppression system for use with toxic substances since it is essential to prevent these substances from being released due to an explosion. In addition, Q-Bic is widely used in all apparatus, ducts and pipes for dusts, gases and hybrid mixtures in the following industrial sectors: the chemical industry, food processing, woodworking and the pharmaceutical industry as well as coal-fired power stations. Q-Bic is also used as a isolation system for large pipes and shafts.
The Q-Bic explosion suppression system detects an explosion in its very earliest stages and extinguishes the explosion flames within milliseconds by introducing an extinguishing powder. A special nozzle system ensures optimum distribution of the extinguishing powder in a vessel or pipe and guarantees the flame is extinguished rapidly.
This explosion suppression technology is known as HRD (high rate discharge).
- The vessel and surrounding area remain completely unaffected since the explosion is extinguished at an early stage. Q-Bic is therefore ideal for use with toxic substances.
- Most cost-effective way to isolate large pipes.
- Flexible use due to short mounting distances.
- Low cost, minimal work involved since the system is integrated into the main controller (if required).
- Integrated rechargeable batteries in the controller ensure full explosion safety during power failures for up to 4 hours.
- Full traceability through the documentation of more than 8000 events, such as explosions, activation and deactivation of the plant as well as other faults in the system, e.g. broken cables.
- Suitable for use at ambient temperatures of up to 158°F.
- Robust, corrosion-protected valve technology.
- Hygienic versions available.
EC type examination certificate no.
FSA 13 ATEX 1641 X
|SIL equivalent: up to SIL 4 depending on the Version|