Isolation with quench valves: EXKOP® SYSTEM
Space-saving, bidirectional isolation
This system isolates plant equipments in both directions and comprises a self-monitoring EXKOP® controller with data storage and one or several quench valves.
EXKOP® systems are suitable for filling lines, aspiration lines and pipes, pneumatic conveyor lines and air intake openings. In addition to operating as a decoupling system for dust-bearing plants, the EXKOP® system can also be used as a spark arrester or overpressure limiter.
In the event of an explosion, the EXKOP® controller receives a trigger signal (e.g. from a Q-Rohr® or explosion vent signaling unit or from a pressure switch or spark detector) and activates the connected EXKOP® quench valves. These quench valves close within a few milliseconds and thus protect adjacent plant components. After being triggered, the quench valves can be put back in operation once again at the touch of a button.
The EXKOP® system is ideal in combination with explosion vents or flameless explosion venting solutions.
- Effective protection through high-speed detection of explosion events.
- Returns to operation again immediately after triggering.
- Self-monitoring safety electronics with operating data storage.
- Modem-compatible remote system analysis permits remote maintenance.
- System status or error messages reported immediately via the operating and display panel.
- Processes wide range of trigger signals for easy retrofitting to existing plants.
- Fail Safe mechanism automatically closes the valve if the power supply fails or the valve is manipulated.
Your competitive advantages
- Reliable, process-optimized protection against explosions in adjacent plant components.
- Avoid downtime after the mechanism is triggered.
Create your perfect isolation solution
|EXKOP® quench valve|
|Product||Pipe diameter up to 250 mm||Pipe diameter greater than 300 mm||Installation in hygienic areas|
EXKOP® QV II
EXKOP® QV III
|Product||Up to 2 quench valves||Up to 3 quench valves||More than 3 quench valves||Configurable in- and outputs|