Q-Rohr®® - the original flameless venting
Safe and cost-effective solution for indoor applications
Safety and operating efficiency go hand in hand. The Q-Rohr® enables you to implement flame arresting and particulate retention explosion venting in interior plant spaces. No complicated ducts for outdoor venting or associated restructuring of production equipment are required. With the Q-Rohr® there is now nothing to prevent you from using the optimum layout for your production plant while guaranteeing the best possible solution for explosion safety. In addition, Q-Rohr® is unrivaled in terms of running costs. Eliminating vent ducts saves you money not only on installation but also on servicing and maintenance.
Your competitive advantages
- Process-optimized plant layout
- No external maintenance costs
The Q-Rohr® is ideal for indoor plants that are at risk of dust and gas explosions. Many new plants are designed and equipped with the Q-Rohr® since it offers a wide range of flexible installation options. Retrofitting is also simplicity itself. The Q-Rohr® can be used to protect filters, dryers, cyclones and can be used with gases, hybrid mixtures, metal dusts, melting dusts or fibers.
Optional sanitary cover prevents accumulation / contamination of the Q-Rohr® mesh flame trap in dusty areas.
The special stainless steel mesh developed by REMBE® cools the hot flames (up to 2732°F or 5432°F for metal dusts) extremely efficiently. This reduces the volume of vapor ejected and quenches the explosion.
- Maximum protection of the surrounding area. Guaranteed flame arresting and particulate retention - no hazardous pressure wave effects.
- REMBE® is the first manufacturer in the world to be certified for metal dusts.
- The complete production process remains in the building.
- No running costs for vent ducts or external maintenance; a visual inspection is sufficient.
- The Q-Rohr® is a flexible solution – it can even be used in the middle of your processing plant. Proximity to an external wall is not required.
- Integrated signaling unit for reliable monitoring.
- Reduction of noise level and pressure rise typically associated with explosions are greatly reduced to an acceptable level.
- Immediately reusable and operational after cleaning of the steel mesh and replacement of the explosion vent.
DE 38 22 012;
US 7, 905, 244
| || |
|SIL equivalent: SIL 2|
The combination of the Q-Rohr® and isolation systems prevents pressure waves and flames from propagating to other parts of the plant.