Q-Rohr® DFE - Flameless Explosion Venting for exhaust ducts of Gas-Fueled Engines
Shutting down coal-fired power plants, decommissioning nuclear power stations and reducing CO2 emissions are basic objectives of the green energy revolution. But this dramatic shift in energy production methods also requires solutions that guarantee the continuous availability of an energy supply. The output of wind and solar plants is not constant. When these do not fulfill energy requirements, other sources, such as gas-fired power stations, must make up the difference.
An incorrectly functioning gas-fueled power station might allow a flammable mixture of gas and oxygen to occur in the exhaust system. In the worst case scenario, this could ignite and cause an explosion – not only damaging the power station and other components, but also creating a serious risk of injury to persons working in the generator building. Energy production and emergency power supplies would be out of action for an extended period. Unplanned stoppages of gas-fueled power stations, therefore, pose a significant threat to the stability of the electricity grid and energy supply security.
REMBE® has used its many years of experience in explosion safety to develop a system specifically for protecting gas-fueled power stations. This system reduces downtimes to a minimum and thus increases power plant availability.
Q-Rohr® DFE permits flameless explosion venting in the generator building without the need for costly and complex venting ducts. If an explosion occurs, neither flames nor a pressure wave emerge from the generator. This solution offers the best possible protection for both employees working near the affected area as well personnel and equipment in other parts of the plant. The power plant can return to normal operation very quickly after an explosion occurs and the energy supply is secure.
is the most cost-effective solution for flameless explosion venting that eliminates the need for expensive conversion and construction work such as breaking through walls.
- Rapid restart of operations.
- REMBE® stainless steel mesh ensures a high level of noise reduction during normal operation and in the event of an explosion.
- Eliminates the need for complex venting ducts and wall openings.
- 100 % seal tightness, to eliminate danger of asphyxiation.
- 100 % venting efficiency.
- Customized opening pressure.
- 100 % stainless steel for corrosion resistance.
- Connection flange in accordance with DIN 86044.
- No separate safety zones required in outdoor areas.
- Minimal maintenance required; visual inspection by a technician is sufficient.
DE 38 22 12;
|Q-Rohr® DFE Technical data in accordance with DIN 86044 Series 1/Series 2|
|DN||Max. H||Max. C||Ø C||Ø D||k||Ø d2||b||No. of |