Q-BOX - Cost-effective indoor explosion venting for dust explosions
The Q-Box is designed for plants that are at risk of dust explosions, that is, where there are filters, elevators, silos or other equipment with low rigidity and large explosion venting areas, handling dust with KSt Values up to 200 barm/s.
Your competitive advantages
- Process-optimized plant layout
- No external maintenance costs
The sanitary cover protects the Q-Box against dust from external sources.
The Q-Box guarantees safe explosion venting in working areas. Like the Q-Rohr®, the flames are instantly quenched inside the Q-Box by efficient cooling.
- Flexible use of the Q-Box permits process-efficient plant design.
- Reduces noise levels.
- Maximum protection of the surrounding area.
- Cost-effective alternative to venting ducts: No running costs for venting ducts and external maintenance, a visual inspection is sufficient.
- Integrated signaling unit for reliable monitoring.
- Flexible solution for indoor and outdoor use.
- Simple retrofitting to existing explosion vent installations.
”EGGER operates a fully integrated wood factory that manufactures and finishes particle and MDF board, laminate flooring and sawn timber. We have used venting equipment from REMBE® to protect our employees and equipment for many years. We are impressed by the expert advice provided by their consultants and the safety concept, which has been tailored to our specific requirements.“
Ferdinand Martini, safety specialist at EGGER
|SIL-Äquivalent: SIL 2|
The combination of the Q-Box and isolation systems prevents pressure waves and flames propagating to other parts of the plant.