Pressure relief in the oil and gas industry
It is not without reason that rupture discs have their origin in the oil and gas industry: plants in this industry regularly use rupture discs to protect against undesired overpressure and vacuum. Rupture discs can be used as the sole pressure protection, as secondary protection along with a safety valve or in front of a safety valve.
The biggest advantage for you as an operator: REMBE® rupture discs always clear the entire cross section, thus allowing the fastest possible pressure relief. In addition, they are absolutely leak-tight (zero leakage) and fail safe - your most important element for plant safety.
REMBE® rupture discs are used in the oil and gas industry for the pressure relief of
- Containers (e.g. Desalters)
- Drilling equipment (pressure relief and “pressure activation”)
- Boilers, including steam boilers
- Flare stack systems (torches, flares)
- Coke drums
- Columns (e.g. distillation columns)
- Polymerization catalysts
- Pumps and compressors
- Reactors / reaction vessels and regenerators
- Pipelines, including steam lines
- Heat exchangers (e.g. tube-bundle heat exchangers, DC heat exchangers) and gas coolers
Our rupture discs are installed in every process step, from gas and oil production right up through processing for plastics and other end products.
Your advantages when using REMBE® rupture discs
- We supply rupture discs for all pressure and temperature ranges
- If necessary, you will receive individual connections, nominal pipe sizes and designs - tailored to your existing system and your current process requirements
- With rupture discs like the KUB®, you have the potential option to be able to use a different REMBE® rupture disc without having to change the holder, should circumstances warrant, such as a change in process conditions.
Information on specific applications of our rupture discs in the oil and gas industry:
- Plastics production and processing
- Sulphur recovery
- From naphtha to ethylene, and polypropylenes